Father & Son
As a member of YMCA Adventure Guides, you will have the opportunity to develop a stronger relationship with your child by joining a unique crew with whom you’ll participate in activities like games, camping trips, fun ceremonies, outings, and other family adventures. Throughout this journey, the Adventure Guides and Adventure Princesses compass points — family, nature, community, and fun will provide a sense of direction and inspiration that will help strengthen the bond between adult and child. The program runs from September through May. Join at anytime.
The purpose of the YMCA Adventure Guides Program is to foster companionship between a parent and a child. This program is designed for dads to spend quality time with their children one on one doing activities like campouts, hayrides and pine derby car races. Dads and children are organized into circles with other dads and children from their neighborhood areas. Once a month, each circle will have a monthly meeting at a circle member’s house or school and do an activity with their children. Several circles make up an Expedition. Several times a year the Expeditions will have special events. We have two expeditions that make up our Federation. The Princess Expedition is for dads and daughters in PK-6 grade and the Guides Expedition is for dads and sons in PK-6 grade.
Check out this year’s event schedule!
- 2/10/2023 - 2/12/2023 - Winter Campout - Camp MacLean FLYER REGISTER HERE
- 4/15/2023 - Taylor Family YMCA Swim/Gym/Lock-in FLYER REGISTER HERE
- 5/5/2023 - 5/7/2023 - Spring Campout - Camp Tecumseh FLYER REGISTER HERE
How to Join
If you are interested in finding a circle near you or would like more info on the program, please e-mail the head navigator of the expedition Mike Odahowski @email@example.com. Provide the dad’s name, child(ren)’s name, address, school child(ren) attends. He’ll be able to provide more information and put you in touch with the leader of a circle in your area, who will have info with their next circle meeting. Registration and payment is done online or in person at the Taylor YMCA.
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be friends always with my dad/daughter/son.
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To listen while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To respect the traditions and beliefs of all people.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of Our Creator’s work in forest, field,and stream.
$65/family + $15 per each additional child.
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK!